Promocodes: Benefits, Types And Ways Of Obtaining
Promocodes are used by online establishments to attract new users and increase the activity of the existing audience: new deposits, participation in tournaments, more frequent visits and immersion in a separate game (online casinos ranking). Do promocodes always contain benefits or is it just another way to «bleed» the balance? Let’s sort this out.
Types of promo
In terms of their purpose, promocodes can be divided into several groups:
- Freespins – by activating the code (coupon), you get free spins on the slots selected by the provider.
- Deposit bonuses – coupons are exchanged for cashback from the first deposit (most often from 50% to 100%). Deposit, say, 1,000 rubles, and you will received the same or slightly less on the balance (casinos with minimal deposit).
- Access to tournaments – these promotional codes make you a member of the competition between gamblers for the prize money (monetary reward, bonus points or even real goods).
Each coupon has its own validity period and limitations. That’s what we’ll talk about now.
How to get a promocode
Promocodes (bonus codes) are valid during a certain period of time. The way of redeeming (activation) depends on the particular establishment. Thus, in Bob Casino, in order to receive the cashback for the first deposit you need to activate the BEHAPPY code in your personal page within 7 days after the deposit, while Spinia only gives a Sunday bonus if you use the promocode that exact weekend, while you also need to write to support to get it provided. There are also additional requirements/limitations:
- Territorial: residents of certain countries can be denied the bonus (usually it is written in bonus rules).
- Material: for example, the same promotional code on the cashback is issued only when the minimum amount is credited and used by one or another payment services. Many institutions do not have coupons if you deposit via Neteller and Skrill.
Each promocode can only be used from one profile once. Nothing special is required from you: just activate the option and the system does everything for you. However, it’s worth remembering that any present you receive (whether it’s funds in your gaming account, loyalty bonus points or freespins) will have to be wagered by increasing your balance 25-60 times before you can withdraw it. And that’s where the main danger lies: in order to meet the requirements of the promotion, you willy-nilly start investing your own funds. After all, earning $3,000 with a balance of $100 is not so easy, especially when you consider that it will have to be done in slots, where there’s much more random that calculation.
Where to find a working promocode
First of all, coupons are given by the establishments themselves: after registration they appear in the personal page, in case of active participation or victory in the event or on public holidays they are also given out free. There are also resources that collect a selection of bonus codes from various casinos so that you can choose the one that suits you best. The information there is not always up-to-date, but it is still faster than viewing each resource individually.
Promocodes seem attractive and profitable, but it’s just a nice cover for all the same bonuses that are bait for naive users. After all, no one will give anything out for nothing: the resulting cashback or earnings from the freespins, even a victory in a tournament will have to be worked off. There also is no guarantee that you can do it easily and without investing personal money. Therefore, we advise you to take the bonus codes as no more than a feature that helps to immerse yourself in the gaming atmosphere, to diversify your leisure time in the internet club, but not as a way to make money easily.